U.S. Air Force Biography
LIEUTENANT COLONEL ERIKA M. CASHIN
Lt. Col. Erika M. Cashin is the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program Manager for the 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, Minn. She is responsible for the military training program designated to educate 1800 military and civilian Airmen, and provide support and treatment for those that experienced any form of sexual assault. She founded the Defense-wide Lean In initiative, which was recognized by the Secretary of Defense as a Force of the Future initiative, as it serves as an employee resource group for women in the military. She also represented the Department of Defense in a partnership with Veterans Affairs to create and pilot a transition program for women transitioning from the service.
Colonel Cashin was born in Duluth, Minn. She began her career with the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay Naval Station, Cuba, working with the United States Navy. She and her husband then transferred to the U.S. Naval Air Station, Whidbey Island, Wash., where she worked at the Navy Oceanographic Processing Facility.
Upon her husband’s separation from the Navy, Colonel Cashin attended Air Force Officer Training School and was commissioned May 3, 1996. She then attended Basic Personnel Officer School at Keesler Air Force Base, Miss., and has since served in positions such as deputy group commander, squadron commander and support flight commander for active duty recruiting.
Colonel Cashin entered the Air Reserve Technician program in 2002 at the 440th Airlift Wing in Milwaukee, Wis. In addition to the 440th Airlift Wing, she also participated in the Air Reserve Technician program at the 301st Fighter Wing, Fort Worth Texas, and the 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St Paul Minnesota, serving in this capacity from 2002 to 2018. Prior to her current position, Colonel Cashin was Performance Planner, 934th Airlift Wing Minneapolis-St Paul, ARS, Minn.
1987 Cathedral High School, Duluth, Minn.
1992 Bachelor of Arts Degree in International Relations, University of Minnesota, Duluth, Minn.
1993 Masters of Public Administration, Troy State University, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- January 1996-May 1996, Student, Air Force Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- May 1996-July 1996, Student, Basic Personnel Officer School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- July 1996-Febrary 1998, Executive Officer, 49th Support Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
- February 1998-January 1999, Squadron Section Commander, 550th Special Operations Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
- January 1999-February 2000, Executive Officer, 58th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
- February 2000-April 2002, Support Flight Commander, 347th Recruiting Squadron, Milwaukee, Wis.
- April 2002-September 2005, Executive Officer, 440th Maintenance Group, Milwaukee Wis.
- September 2005-July 2006, Executive Officer, 301st Mission Support Group, Naval Air Station-Joint, Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas
- July 2006-June 2008, Commander Trainee, 301st Mission Support Squadron, NAS-JRB Fort Worth, Texas
- June 2008-August 2011, 934th Mission Support Flight, Minneapolis-St Paul ARS, Minn.
- August 2011-August 2012, Deputy Commander, 934th Mission Support Group, Minneapolis-St Paul ARS, Minn.
- August 2012-March 2014, Executive Officer, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St Paul, ARS, Minn
- March 2014-January 2016, Performance Planner, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St Paul, ARS, Minn
- January 2016-April 2018, Executive Officer, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St Paul, ARS, Minn
- April 2018-present, Sexual Assault and Prevention Officer, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St Paul, ARS, Minn
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
AF Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 3, 1996
First Lieutenant May 3, 1998
Captain May 3, 2000
Major March 31, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel August 20, 2010
Use of military rank, job titles and photographs in uniform does not imply endorsement from the US Air Force or Department of Defense.